Timber frame homes are a popular choice for many reasons, including the energy efficiency offered compared to construction of a conventional home. Here are a few energy efficient facts that add up to big benefits with timber frame construction:
- A Mid-Atlantic Timberframes home is 30% more efficient than other construction due to the use of SIP panels, or structural insulated panels.
- SIP buildings are more energy efficient, stronger, quieter and more airtight than a conventionally timber framed home.
- Using passive design techniques allows us to take advantage of the natural climate to maintain thermal comfort, so your home can be affordably heated when the temperature drops.
- Even though timber frames have an open and airy design, the natural wood actually adds warmth to any room.
- Timber frame homes require little maintenance and will still be beautiful, structurally sound and energy efficient long into the future. Thus, making timber frame home living a popular choice among custom builders and architects and timber frames cost being more cost effective in the long-term.
Contact us today to discuss further benefits to timber frame construction or for a consult about timber frame home projects.